With Sessions, you can launch multiple versions of your course for different groups of Learners, on different timelines, and with different visibility and privacy settings.
Session Settings include:
required; 70 characters max
optional; 140 characters max
- Public Sessions will appear on the Course Page, and any Learner will be able to join. Learn more about the Course Page in our Learner Dashboard guide.
- Hidden Sessions will not appear on the Course Page. Learners will need to be invited via email or the direct link to the Session.
- Private Sessions will not appear on the Course Page. Learners must be invited via email. Tip: You can use “Hidden” to hide your Session from a published course page while you set it up, then switch to “Public” when it’s ready for Learner to join.
Marking Session as Full once the Session has reached your chosen max capacity. Set a Learner Cap. Registration will be marked as full once this number of Learners has joined the Session.
Note: You will still be able to invite Learners via email after the Session is marked as full.
- Use the Self-Guided Session toggle to turn off all community features (Discussion Questions & Session Info Tab). Learners will see only the course content and their progress. They will not be able to discuss course questions with other Learners in the Session, see who the other Learners in the Session are, or contact the Session Leader.
- When the Discussion Questions toggle is turned on, Learners’ answers to this type of question will be shared to the Session’s discussion board, and all members of the Session can view and comment. Learn more about Discussion Questions.
- When the Session Info Tab toggle is turned on, Learners will see the names of the other Learners in the Session and the name, welcome message, and contact info for the Session Leader. Learn more about the Session Info Tab [link].
- Select the appropriate Time Zone from the dropdown menu (required).
- Enter the Start Date for the Session (required). This is the date your Learners will be able to begin taking the course.
- You can also enter a Completion Date (optional). This is the date the Session “ends.” Once a Session is marked complete, Learners will no longer be able to interact with course content or the Discussion board. However, they will be able to view the content for reference.
- Clicking Complete Session Now will end the Session immediately. Once a Session is marked complete, it can be reopened again within 14 days.
Select & Onboard the Session Leader.
- By default, the Course Owner will be set as the Session Leader.
- Your organization’s admin users can Change the Session Leader by inviting a new Leader via email. (Each Session is required to have one Leader.)
- Note: Anyone can be invited; users who are new to Learn.Bible will be prompted to create an account and login.
- If the Leader you are inviting is an existing user in your org, you can search for them by name. If they are a new user, enter their email address.
- Clicking Invite will send the user an email with the options to accept or decline the Session Leader role.
- Note: Once a new Leader is invited, their status will show as “pending” until they accept the invitation. If an invited Leader declines the invitation, the current leader and the user who extended the invite will be notified via email.
Once the Leader is onboarded, they will have access to the Session’s settings and can enter a Leader Welcome Message (optional). However, only Admins can change the Session Leader or Delete the Session.
|Creating a Course||Using Sessions|
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact our team at email@example.com.