With Sessions, you can launch multiple versions of your course for different groups of Learners, on different timelines, and with different visibility and privacy settings.
Once you’ve created and finalized the content for your custom course or Course by BibleProject, the last step in the setup checklist is to add one or more Sessions.
1. Select a Session Type
- Group Study
- Creates a public Session that is open immediately, with community features turned on.
- Self-guided Session
- Creates a public Session that is open immediately, with community features turned off
- Hidden Session
- Creates a hidden Session that is open immediately, with community features turned on.
- Custom Session
- Set up a Session with your own settings.
You can learn more about session settings here.
3. Add a Session Leader
Select & Onboard the Session Leader.
- By default, the Course Owner will be set as the Session Leader.
- Your organization’s admin users can Change the Session Leader by inviting a new Leader via email. (Each Session is required to have one Leader.)
- Note: Anyone can be invited; users who are new to Learn.Bible will be prompted to create an account and login.
- If the Leader you are inviting is an existing user in your org, you can search for them by name. If they are a new user, enter their email address.
- Clicking Invite will send the user an email with the options to accept or decline the Session Leader role.
- Note: Once a new Leader is invited, their status will show as “pending” until they accept the invitation. If an invited Leader declines the invitation, the current leader and the user who extended the invite will be notified via email.
Once the Leader is onboarded, they will have access to the Session’s settings and can enter a Leader Welcome Message (optional). However, only Admins can change the Session Leader or Delete the Session.
4. Save Changes
Click the arrow to the left of Session Settings to return to the Summary page.
(Optional) Customize the Session Dashboard
At any time while the Session is active, admins and Session leaders can add the following widgets to the Session’s Learner Dashboard:
- A Group Notice to inform your Session about news and updates. This will show on each Learner’s Overview tab.
- Meetings: Show a reminder and instructions for virtual or in-person meetings, including links and directions.
If your Course and Session are set to public, Learners will be able to join via the Course Page. If the Course is set to hidden or the Session is set to hidden or private, you will use this section to invite Learners.
- For hidden courses/sessions: at top right, you can Copy the Session Link and share it with your Learner audience or Invite Learners via email.
- Once a Learner has joined the Course, their name will appear in a list on this page.
- To remove a Learner from the Session, Click the three-dot menu at right of their name and select Remove.
|Courses by BibleProject||Custom Courses||Using Sessions|
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact our team at email@example.com.