Choose your Course Settings
- Give the course a Title (required; 70 characters max).
- Enter a Description (required; 1000 characters max).
- You can assign the course to a Category (optional). Note: Setup your organization’s categories in Org Settings.
- You can choose to Hide Course from Catalog. Note: Learners will need to be invited to hidden courses via email or direct link.
- Each course must have a Course Owner. By default, this will be the admin who created the course. However, any admin in the org can be set as the Course Owner.
- Upload a Course Thumbnail. Note: This must be a .jpg, .png, .gif, or .webp (5MB max).
- Be sure to Save Changes before moving on.
- Click the arrow to the left of Course Settings to return to the Summary page and continue through the checklist.
Build your course content in the Content Builder.
- Click Start Building Course.
- Complete the Unit Settings for your first unit:
- Enter a Unit Name (required; 125 characters max)
- You can choose to enter a Description for the unit (optional; 140 characters max)
- Enter an Estimated Time to give your Learners an idea of how long it should take them to complete the unit (optional).
- Add a Discussion Question. This will show on the unit cover page, and Learners answers will be shared to their Session’s Discussion Area (optional; 140 characters max).
Click New Page to add your first page to this unit.
- Enter a Page Name (required; 70 characters max).
- Click the plus sign (+) at center to begin adding content and exercise blocks.
Click New Unit to add more units to your course.
- You can add as many units and pages as you like.
- In the Content Builder only, your work saves as a draft automatically. You can also click Save at any time to save instantly.
- You will not be able to publish the course until the setup checklist is complete. However, at top right, you can Preview how the course content will look to your Learners at any time.
- After the course has been published, the bar at top will show options to Update Draft (saves any new changes in your draft) and Publish Updates (publishes any new changes to your live course).
- Click Back at top left to return to the Summary page and continue through the checklist.
|Creating a Course||Courses by BibleProject||Custom Courses||Using Sessions|
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact our team at email@example.com.